Program Volunteer Qualifications
- All volunteers must be 13 years of age or older. Individuals 13 – 17 must have a parent or guardian present and volunteer with them.
- All volunteers must attend a Volunteer Orientation. Volunteer Orientations are held monthly on the first Saturday of the month 9:00-11:00 AM. You may schedule an orientation during the week by request.
- Lesson volunteers are required to sign up for a minimum of one shift per week. We appreciate it if you can commit to coming the same time every week.
- Please be sure to sign in to keep track of your hours so you can use them for school, court or extra-curricular requirements.
- Volunteers must be able to adhere to safety standards, follow directions of program staff, and provide services needed.
- For the safety of our horses and staff, all LSCF areas are smoke, tobacco and alcohol free. No tobacco or simulated tobacco products including chewing tobacco and vapor-based cigarettes. Thank you in advance for respecting our horses and staff.
Please allow us one week – if you do not receive a follow up call or email within that time please call (518) 928-6161 or email LongShadowsHorses@gmail.com.
Please complete the application below. A payment of $10 per person is required in order for us to do a background check. All volunteers must submit to a background check. After you fill out the form below you will be taken to a check-out screen where you can submit your payment.
Become an Ambassador for Long Shadows
Are you a people person who is great at helping with special events? Then please consider helping us in the planning, preparation and execution of our fundraising events throughout the year!
LSCF Ambassadors contribute to the success of our organization by assisting with special events, fundraisers and promotions. Our Ambassadors are dedicated to supporting these initiatives by assisting with Long Shadows with signature events, fundraisers, public awareness promotions, and more! You can be a part of both the LSCF volunteer team, as well as be an Ambassador!
Our Ambassadors are an integral part of helping Long Shadows Charitable Foundation increase community awareness and financial support within the organization.
- Ambassadors must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ambassadors participate with internal and external events, developing corporate partnerships, soliciting in kind gifts and cultivating donor relationships.
- Ambassadors are encouraged to support as many initiatives as they are able; with a minimum of one event or fundraiser per year.
- Ambassadors represent LSCF, and all members should strive to exceed expectations with the highest level of professionalism, distinction and courtesy.
Please complete the application below – indicating if you’re also interested in becoming a LSCF Ambassador. A payment of $10 per person is required in order for us to do a background check. All volunteers must submit to a background check. After you fill out the form below you will be taken to a check-out screen where you can submit your payment.